VHF Channel 09
Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club
43˚ 50' 49" N
069˚ 38' 40" W
©2013 Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club. All Rights Reserved.
During the season, you can find our members:
- Playing bridge or mah jongg.
- Participating in a monthly book club, the Friday morning Stitch Group, or writing their life stories.
- Socializing with the Ladies Lunch Bunch or Businessmen's Lunch held every Wednesday at the club during the summer - and most Wednesdays at a local restaurant in the "off season."
- Enjoying lunch and an afternoon of sailing together -- ladies on Tuesdays and the gentlemen on Fridays.
- Enjoying Member discounts at the BHYC Sailing School or participating in racing and sailing clinics before Thursday afternoon races.
- Playing tennis at all levels, for fun and in a variety of tourneys.
- Presenting something interesting at a Sunday Supper speaker series.
- Volunteering as a club host or hostess, watering the flowers, running a race, supporting our popular Junior Program, or as a Flag Officer of the Club or member of one of the other Committees that make our Club strong.
Pre-and post-season events help keep our connections and friendships strong, including winter reunions in Florida - or Sugarloaf, a new Kentucky Derby tradition, and pre-and post-season cocktail parties and potlucks.
In 2014, our Winter Reunion is not to be missed. We'll start with a golf, tennis and gastronomic event at the famous PGA resort in West Palm Beach. This will be followed by a 10-day "Yacht Clubs of the Caribbean" cruise on the Royal Caribbean LEGEND OF THE SEAS sailing on February 14th from Fort Lauderdale to such exotic ports as Road Town Tortola, Antigua, St Martin, St Kitts, and Dominica. Space on the cruise is limited so early sign-up is necessary. Additional information can be had by calling Worldwide Cruise Headquarters at 207-882-5525 or by e-mailing RC Lee Krow, Paul & Sharma Schacknow, or PC Andy Holmes (details in the roster). Proceeds of the trip will be donated to the BHYC Junior Program Foundation.
Please be advised that this is the peak cruising time of the year and this ship and sailing is nearly sold out at this time. In order to get desired stateroom categories and room locations, immediate booking action is required. All deposits paid now are fully refundable through October 28th, 2013. Learn more in our information sheet about the cruise. A separate registration form is also available. You can get a sense of the many club activities open to members by checking out our very full calendar. If you're interested in making BHYC a part of your summer in Maine, contact us about becoming a member.