The main clubhouse may only be open for 14 weeks of the summer, but we have enough fun to last the whole year. The new Sailing & Education Center provides members with a four-season gathering location at the club, complementing events like our winter reunion, weekly lunches in local restaurants, and more.
What makes BHYC a special place? For us, it's:
- An excellent meal in our club dining room with your family, guests, or other members.
- Enjoying lunch and an afternoon of sailing together.
- Sailing, racing, and cruising together.
- Steward service and club moorings for members.
- Enjoying an on-the-water rendezvous and discovering a new local spot.
- Coming together for special events like the visit of the Schooner America or the US Naval Academy Varsity Offshore Sailing Team.
- Playing bridge or mah jongg - and learning a new game.
- Participating in a monthly book club, the Friday morning Stitch Group, or a kayak trip in the Harbor.
- Socializing with the Ladies Lunch Bunch or Businessmen's Lunch held every Wednesday at the club during the summer - and most Wednesdays at a local restaurant in the "off season."
- Savoring history on a Boothbay Harbor One Design or at the Classic Car "show and tell."
- Enjoying member discounts and access to a US Sailing certified adult instructor or participating in Wednesday afternoon club races.
- Playing tennis at all levels, for fun and in a variety of tourneys, on our two clay courts.
- Presenting - or learning - something interesting at a the author or speaker series.
- Volunteering as a club host or hostess, watering the flowers, running a race, supporting our popular Junior Program, or as a Flag Officer of the Club or member of one of the other Committees that make our Club strong.
- And so much more!
We keep our connections and friendships strong year round with winter reunions hosted by our southern members, fancy hats for the Kentucky Derby in the clubhouse, and pre-and post-season cocktail parties and potlucks.