2019 Member Moorings
BHYC members have access to some of the best moorings in the harbor.
Club J/22s and Boothbay Harbor One Designs
BHYC members and approved graduates of BHYC adult sailing courses (Basic Keelboat certification) have access to three J/22s and a Boothbay Harbor One Design for half-day or full-day use. Two of the J/22s are rigged for racing or pleasure sailing, while the third - with a roller furling system, a Dutchman self-flaking main, and a reefable main - is great for a quick sail without all the trouble of rigging.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and are available one week in advance.
- A club boat reservation calendar will be located at the Steward Shack. Members can check the reservation calendar and/or call the Steward Shack.
- Please update any changes to your reservation as soon as possible. Reservations not cancelled within 24 hours of the date/time of use will be non-refundable, unless weather related issues impact use of the boat on the day of the reservation.
- Boat use is subject to prior approval/checkout by the Adult Sailing Director. A list of approved sailors will be held at the Steward Shack.
Club boat use is subject to the following fees:
For members, a 2-hour private lesson may also be purchased for a discounted rate of $50 with the purchase of a seasonal membership, a 50% discount. Great for a quick refresher on the boats!
- All boat use must be recorded on the Log-In/Log-Out sheet at the Steward Shack. Please indicate which boat you are using and log the date/time of use. Also use this form to provide feedback on boat maintenance/repair issues.
- A handheld VHF radio for each boat is available at the Steward Shack (our Stewards monitor channel 9). Remember to bring one PFD for each passenger. A throwable flotation cushion, sound signalling device, and flares will be maintained on each club boat.
- For club members, there are no fees to use the Club Boats for either Tuesday Ladies' Sailing, Wednesday evening club races, Friday Men's Sailing.
- The Junior Program and Junior Program participants have priority for the Boothbay Harbor One Design.